Once you have completed the dispossessory process and obtained your Writ of Possession and need to evict your tenant you must:
- Allow 2 business days for the Writ to reach the Marshal’s Office.
- Call the Marshal’s Office @ 404-371-2930 between the hours of 8:30 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. to schedule an appointment for the eviction.
- You must provide sufficient labor to safely remove all items (usually a minimum of 5 workers).
- You can contact one of the companies that specialize in evictions (look in the Yellow Pages under “Eviction Services”).
- You must provide a way to gain entry to the property (such as pass key or a Locksmith).
- Once the Deputy has made a safety sweep of the location and given you permission to start, have your labor crew remove all items of value and place them on the closest right-of-way. items removed from apartments or condos can be placed in the nearest parking space.
- The Deputy will post a Criminal Trespass Warning notice on the door and return possession to the landlord, upon completion of the eviction.
- Once the Deputy has completed the eviction, evicted items are considered abandoned, per Georgia Law (O.C.G.A. 44-7-55).
- Bring large bags or boxes to pack smaller items (such as Contractor Clean-up bags).
- Change all locks and secure the location immediately upon the competition of the eviction.
- Vehicles can be removed by a wrecker service of your choosing and expense.
For further information, please call the Marshal’s Office @ 404-371-2930.